RAI Amsterdam | 2 - 5 November 2021
Aquatech Innovation Award
Put a spotlight on your water innovation!
Research and development in the area of water is vital for the future of many businesses, but also for a sustainable future of our world. The Aquatech Innovation Award encourages many organisations to innovate and to differentiate themselves from the competition. The winner will be announced during the Opening Ceremony of Aquatech Amsterdam. The proceeds of the Award are donated to a charity.
With over 18,000 professional trade visitors worldwide, Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 is the ideal marketing vehicle to introduce your newest innovation. The most innovative products on the market today will come under the spotlight at the Aquatech Amsterdam.
Entry your innovation
The renowned Aquatech Innovation Award offers you an unparalleled chance to enjoy the attention of the global media en water professionals. Don’t miss this opportunity and take part in the worldwide contest for the Aquatech Innovation Award.
You can enter your innovation for the
Innovation Awards 2021 in the
Aquatech Exhibitors Portal.
Request your login for the Aquatech Exhibitor Portal and you'll receive an email with your login codes and information about the next steps to entry your innovation.
Aquatech Innovation Award - Industry choice
Besides the official Jury we invite our Aquatech audience as well to vote for their favourite innovation. The entry with highest vote receives the Public Prize of the Aquatech Innovation Award.
Innovation Award is open for all
We invite the new kids on the block, start-ups and other companies related to innovations in water to join the Innovation Award too. The Innovation Award welcomes non exhibitors to enter their innovation and join this global competition.
Innovation Award planning
- 15 June 2021 | Registration is open
- 8 September 2021 | Registration is closed
- 30 September 2021 | Announcement of Nominees
- 1 November 2021 | Innovation Award ceremony
Aquatech Innovation Award Categories
- Wastewater treatment
- Water Supply (Drinking Water, Clean Water Point of Use / Point of Entry)
- Transport and Process & Control
- Green Chemicals for Water Technology – new category
- Innovation – not to market yet
The entries will be judged on 3 criteria:
- Practicality (technical, economical, feasibility)
- Sustainability (environment, security, energy and efficiency)
The Aquatech Innovation Award jury consists of:
- Prof. Dr. Ir. C.J.N. Buisman (Wetsus – Chairman of the Jury)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. W.M. de Vos (TU Twente)
- Ir. P. Kamp (PUM Netherlands Senior Experts)
- Dr. Ir. Wilbert van de Ven EMBA (Grundfos Holding A/S)
- Drs. H.J. Gastkemper (Stichting RIONED)
- Dr. Ir. A.J.H. Janssen (Shell Global Solutions)
- Ir. C.A. Uijterlinde (STOWA)
- Prof. M. Kennedy, PhD (IHE Delft, Institute for Water Education)
- Prof. Drs. J.S. Vrouwenvelder, PhD (KAUST King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Registration fees go to charity
Water is becoming scarcer and more polluted every day. Innovations are crucial, which is why Aquatech supports them via the Aquatech Innovation Award.
We are also committed to improving the wider world, and will therefore donate the registration fee (€ 100.00 per innovation entry) to a charity.
The proceeds of the Aquatech Innovation Awards 2021 go to: AMREF, WaterStarters
This program creates sustainable water solutions for rural and peri-urban communities in Kenya. In Kenya, 1 out of 3 people drink water from unprotected sources leading to waterborne diseases such as diarrhea. Diarrhea is the second leading cause of death of children under 5 years. In rural households, girls and women are 6 times more likely to fetch water than men, walking up to 12 km per day. This negatively effects school attendance and performance, and prohibits women to channel time and resources to other productive activities. The spread of Covid-19 results in growing inequalities, underlining the importance of water and hygiene for all. Amref believes that every human being should have access to safe and affordable drinking and household water and that no one should suffer from waterborne diseases. Our ambition is to radically improve this situation for 1.5 million Kenyans in water-stressed areas in the coming 7 years.
WaterStarters is a franchise that renovates and builds 600 water supply systems, each of them designed together with the community to match their specific needs. WaterStarters offers private operators and communities (franchisees) the opportunity to own and manage a successful water business, providing them with access to funding for the initial investment.
For more information about the Aquatech Innovation Awards please contact Editha Hoogenberg.