RAI Amsterdam | 2 - 5 November 2021
aquatech innovation award
Innovations at Aquatech Amsterdam
For many years now, the Aquatech Innovation Award has been granted to the most innovative product, service or solution in the water industry. A line-up of top-notch innovative technologies, most of them world firsts, will be selected by an expert jury. The contenders compete for the overall title, and the winner will be revealed during the opening ceremony of the Amsterdam International Water Week and the Aquatech Amsterdam exhibition.
Aquatech Innovation Dinner
The Oscars of the Water Technology Industry
Join us at the Aquatech Innovation Dinner, immediately following the official Opening Ceremony, for a three course meal including drinks to celebrate innovation and the sharpest and most creative minds in the industry. Invite your senior management or high level customers to join you at this outstanding networking opportunity.
Date: 4 November 2019
Time: 19:00 – 22:30 hrs
Location: RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre – Europa Foyer (entrance G)
THE DINNER IS SOLD OUT
Overall winner Aquatech Innovation Award 2019
The overall winner of the Aquatech Innovation Award 2019 is the Kaumera Nereda Gum, a valuable resource that can be extracted from the wastewater treatment process. A biological raw material, the gum can retain as well as repel water, giving it great potential to be used in agriculture, as well as the paper and construction industries.
“This was by far the biggest innovative step from all of the entries received,” said jury chairman Professor Cees Buisman, Scientific Director of Wetsus, European centre of excellence for sustainable water technology. “It’s completely new and hasn’t been done before. In an urbanizing world, it's going to have much impact to help enable a circular economy.”
Aquatech Innovation Award Categories
- Overall winner
- Category: Innovation – not yet to market
- Category: Process control technology & Process automation
- Category: Transport & storage
- Category: Wastewater treatment
- Category: Water supply (drinking water, clean water, Point-of-Use/Point-of-Entry)
- Special mention
Jury members Innovation Award 2019
- Prof.dr.ir. C.J.N. Buisman (Wetsus|Chairman)
- Ir.C.A. Uijterlinde (Stowa)
- Ir.P. Kamp (retired - formerly PWN Technologies)
- W.F. Volmer BSc (Nmi Certin BV)
- Prof. M. Kennedy, PhD (IHE Delft, Institute for Water Education)
- J.S. Vrouwenvelder (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST))
- Prof.dr.ir. A.J.H. Janssen (Shell)
- Drs. H.J. Gastkemper (Stichting RIONED)
Experience the innovation avenue!
Fully up-to-date on the latest trends, developments and technologies in 20 minutes?
The Innovation Avenue is the place where visitors are immersed in the latest technologies in the field of clean drinking water, sludge dewatering, algae detection systems, surface water treatments, and many more.