12 innovative technologies have been nominated by an expert jury, but who is the best of the best when it comes to new, ground-breaking water technologies?
Nominees Aquatech Innovation Award 2021 announced
The Aquatech Innovation Award once again sets out to answer this question and recognise world-class innovation and technologies that have the potential to disrupt the global water market.
This year a total of 12 innovative technologies have been selected by an expert jury in the lead up to the flagship Aquatech Amsterdam event. Award entries were submitted across five categories, with the jury identifying nominees from each category to be considered as candidates for the overall prize.
“To our pleasant surprise we again received a high quality of entries for the Innovation Awards, the most prestigious prize in this field. We look at originality, market potential and sustainability when we select the nominees.” Said jury chairman Professor Cees Buisman, Scientific Director of Wetsus, European centre of excellence for sustainable water technology.
“We are pleased to have added the category Green Chemicals. In the world today it is essential to reduce our chemical use or replace it by green chemicals.” He went on to say.
Winners announced night before Aquatech Amsterdam
Category winners as well as the Overall Winner of the Aquatech Innovation Award 2021 will be revealed at the opening ceremony of Aquatech Amsterdam, taking place on November 2.
The Aquatech Innovation Award has five categories: Innovation – not yet to market; Transport and Process & Control; Waste water treatment; Water Supply (drinking water, clean water, including point of use/entry); and new this year, Green chemicals for water technology.
The Innovation Dinner
Complementing the awards and after a successful introduction last edition, Aquatech again hosts the Aquatech Innovation Dinner. Guests will be welcomed to the city of Amsterdam with great food, drink and music with the opportunity to network with fellow water professionals from around the world and talk about innovation.
Launching the Aquatech Community Award
Besides the official Jury, water tech professionals can now also vote for their own favourite innovation – the popular vote. The entry with the highest number of votes receives the Aquatech Innovation – Community Award. The nominees pitch their innovation live during the Aquatech Talks on October 12.
To watch the talk show online, you can register via:
And the nominees are…
The nominees for the 2021 Aquatech Innovation Award are:
Category: Innovation - not yet to market
- Autonomic Inspection Robot - Submerge
- Water LOC Series - Clearwater Sensors Ltd.
Category: Waste Water Treatment
- CLC for decentralised water provision - Nijhuis Saur Industries & Semilla Sanitation
- Rolapac Floating Layer Remover - Rolapac BV
- SONIXED - Hydro Volta.
Category: Transport and Process & Control
- GoAigua SARS Analytics - Global Omnium Idrica, SLU
- Hawle.Live KEY - Hawle Service GmbH.
Category: Water Supply (drinking water, clean water, including point of use/entry)
- BIO-310 UV LED Reactor - Typhon Treatment Systems Ltd.
- DuPont™ B-Free™ - DuPont Water Solutions
- Droople iLink – Droople.
Category: Green Chemicals for Water
- OARP Omya Advanced Remineralization Process - Omya International AG
- Wasser 3.0 detect | remove | reuse - Wasser 3.0 gGmbH.
The international jury
The members of the jury are:
- Dr. Ir. C.J.N. Buisman (Wetsus – Chairman of the Jury)
- H.J. Gastkemper (Stichting RIONED)
- Ir. A.J.H. Janssen (Shell Global Solutions)
- P. Kamp (Retired – formerly PWN Technologies)
- M. Kennedy, PhD (UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Technology)
- C.A. Uijterlinde (Stowa)
- Dr. Ir. W. van der Ven EMBA (Grundfos Holding A/S)
- Dr. Ir. W.M. de Vos (University of Twente)
- Drs. J.S. Vrouwenvelder, PhD (KAUST - King Abdullah University of Science and Technology).
Proceeds to AMREF Flying Doctors Charity
Water is becoming scarcer and more polluted every day. Innovations are crucial for sustainability, which is why Aquatech continues to support AMREF Flying Doctors by donating the registration fees of the Innovation Award.
More information on all nominees can be found here:
Entrance is free for visitors after online registration: Registration to Aquatech Amsterdam
Tickets for the Forum can be bought here: Innovation Forum tickets
About Aquatech Amsterdam 2021
Aquatech Global Events announced in May that its flagship show will be back LIVE in Amsterdam this November, revealing a strategic plan to get back to doing valuable, in-person meetings and business in a way that keeps everyone safe.
RAI Amsterdam will be deploying a robust and comprehensive protocol to enable a safe and comfortable return to in-person meetings. The top priority of Aquatech is to offer the best water opportunities in a safe environment and present the first international tradeshow on all aspects of water in almost two years.
- Aquatech Innovation Forum 2021 | 1 November 2021
- Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 | 2-3-4-5 November 2021
- Aquatech China 2021 | 8-9-10 June 2021
- Aquatech Mexico 2021 | 6-7-8 September 2021
About RAI Amsterdam
RAI Amsterdam believes in the power of connecting. Since 1893, it has been bringing different worlds, people and markets together, at home in the RAI Convention Centre and abroad. The RAI is an international exhibition company and operates the RAI Convention Centre in the business district of Amsterdam.
Under normal circumstances, the RAI welcomes around 1.5 million visitors a year to approximately 500 events such as exhibitions, conventions and corporate events. As the organising party, RAI connects context, content and communities utilising national and international consumer and professional trade shows. www.rai.nl
- It’s time to celebrate the changemakers! Innovation forum to focus on culture change
- Calling all innovators! Join the aquatech innovation awards 2021