The water world reunites at Aquatech Amsterdam 2021
Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 looks back on a vibrant week and proved to be a true reunion for international water professionals. The energy to meet, do business and the excitement to see each other in-person was tangible.
Being the first major get-together in two years and given the chance to finally meet in person, Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 buzzed with exhibitors, speakers, panel discussions, competitive pipe tapping. Four days of an energetic, informative and interactive show ensured visitors were kept informed, engaged and energized throughout the entire week bumping into old friends and making new valuable connections.
Exhibitors took pride in setting up their incredible booths. Speakers came in by train, car, plane and even bike to give the latest news of the innovations they have been working on. Discussions were flowing, debates were enthralling and the technology on show was simply captivating.
‘Research showed that networking and knowledge exchange was higher on the visitor agenda than ever’, says Editha Hoogenberg, Director Aquatech Amsterdam, ‘Our partners in the HUBs, the associations and country pavilions composed an amazing programme covering over 100 topics and serving a cold drink afterwards to relax and encourage those unexpected meetings.‘
Aquatech 2021 highlights included:
- Kicking off on Sunday night with an ‘invitation-only’ intimate get-together, celebrating stories of personal and professional failure and the invaluable learnings (Failing Forward). Amongst them, Principle Sponsor DuPont courageously shared their story.
- On Monday, the Aquatech Innovation Forum themed ‘Celebrating Water’s Change Makers’ united innovators, investors, start-ups, utilities and even a futurist.
- The Opening followed by the Innovation Dinner put the Innovation Award winners centre stage.
- The jury selected as the Overall winner of the Aquatech Innovation Award: ‘Autonomic Inspection Robot by Submerge’.
- And for the first time in the history of the Innovation Award, the Aquatech Community Award was organised. Water tech professionals voted for their favourite innovation: Nijhuis Saur Industries & Semilla Sanitation for 'CLC for decentralised water provision'.
- Four days of Aquatech Amsterdam started on Tuesday with 458 exhibitors eagerly awaiting the opening of the doors.
- The specialty and knowledge HUBs on desalination, digital water, industrial water and water quality.
- The Dutch champions drilling and tapping saw winners in four categories: the men of Water company Groningen, the ladies of Drenthe, the management of Groningen and the students of Brabant Water.
- More than usual exhibitors hosted receptions to return to the old ways of networking and socializing.
- 4 Country Pavilions combined with the visit of ambassadors and a European parliamentarian.
- The 4K AquaRUN was won by Mr. Christoph Landry - Culligan, Country manager for Service Operations and Sales. Envagua, sponsor of the run, led by example and enrolled an impressive team for the run.
- The proceeds of the Innovation Award participants and the AquaRUN were donated to this year’s charity AMREF flying doctors.
Under well-known circumstances, a visitor attendance of 11,474 originating from 106 countries was reached on closing day. When adding to that the exhibitor staff, delegates, simultaneous events etcetera, the number climbs to a total attendance of 17,949 over the whole week, a truly global marketplace.
The positive result was confirmed and underlined by the exhibitors. A record-breaking 84% of them immediately rebooked for Aquatech Amsterdam 2023 while the doors of 2021 were still open.
‘Like so many we had a tough year but I am very proud of the result. To do better and more business in person contact has proven to be priceless. The energy and inspiration off all these different conversations and encounters where tangible and turned this in a unique edition of Aquatech Amsterdam. A heartfelt thank you goes to our exhibitors for their support and trust.’, says Annette Bos, Director Aquatech Global, ‘Together with our visitors they helped us put on a great show. Together we made it work!’
Aquatech Amsterdam 2023 will be starting on a Monday this time, from Monday 6 to Thursday 9 November 2023. The Aquatech Innovation Forum is set for Monday November 6, 2023.
Aquatech Global Events
Established in 1964 by RAI Amsterdam, Aquatech Global Events organises the world’s leading trade events in the process, drinking and waste water technology sectors in Europe, China and Mexico. The well-established format covers the following segments: Transport and Storage, Water Treatment, Point of Use, Process Control and Technology & Process Automation. Aquatech Global Events are visited by professionals from all parts of the water industry and attract policy-makers, top-level businesses, specialists, and those who apply the technology in practice. www.aquatechtrade.com
Upcoming eventsAquatech China 2022 | 8-9-10 June 2022
Aquatech Mexico 2022 | 6-7-8 September 2022
Aquatech Innovation Forum 2023 | 6 November 2023
Aquatech Amsterdam 2023 | 6-7-8-9 November 2023 (starting on Monday)