Over 1,900 exhibitors and 80,000 visitors are expected to attend Aquatech China beginning of June. Next to a packed show floor, an esteemed speaker line up will present at different stages. Water is a rising fixture on the Chinese agenda. Earlier this year, during the National People’s Congress (NPC), a draft budget report suggested RMB30 billion ($4.5 billion) could be invested on water pollution management infrastructure over the next year. According to GWI, this is a 45 percent increase on the previous year’s figure.
Global and Chinese water challenges
Asia's largest event for water technology in Shanghai, China will take place from 3 – 5 June at the National Exhibition and Conference Center in Shanghai. In 3 days, experts, market leaders, and professionals searching for solutions visit Aquatech China to discuss the future of the industry.
“We are extremely proud that for numerous international companies, Aquatech China is the stepping stone into this huge market. Even more so that it plays a part in the beginning of many successful business stories in China, which contribute to solutions critical to China’s development on water.’’, says Dorien, Sibbel, Exhibition Manager Aquatech China.
FREE VISITOR REGISTRATION CLOSES MAY 28 »
International networking opportunities
Globally, Aquatech connects businesses, governments and science and Aquatech China is no exception. It drives business, spreads knowledge and the networking opportunities are second to none. The content at Aquatech China is provided by high-level speakers and participants including representatives of international financing institutions and development banks, as well as Chinese regulators, government officials, contractors, technology providers, and end-users.
Industrial Water Leaders Forum: Creating Value in Industries
Next to a packed show floor and speaker line up, the Industrial Water Leadership Forum combines the latest technology with unique Chinese insight.
This year’s Industrial Water Leaders Forum will outline the water challenges facing industries under the title Creating Value in Industries. Industries in China are facing water challenges like never before due to stricter regulations on water usage and discharge. Meanwhile, theperception on water shifts. Rather than a free raw material to be used and abused as they choose, businesses are beginning to see the opportunity to benefit both the environment and their shareholders through better water stewardship. Industries are increasingly encouraged to seek the expertise of a third party, which could offer cost-saving solutions to help them meet regulations and also maximize water and energy efficiency, allowing them to focus on their core production business.
Industrial Water Leaders Forum 2019 will be held on 3 June, the first day of Aquatech, at the InterContinental Shanghai Hongqiao NECC. The forum is jointly hosted by Ecolab, Global Water Intelligence (GWI) and Aquatech Global Events. Alliance for Water Stewardship is the supporting organisation of the event.
Highlights of the IWLF programme:
- Journey towards "Beautiful China" - Tao Zhang, Research Associate, Water Environment Institute of Chinese Academy of Environmental Planning
- "Finnish way of managing industrial water" - Juha Niemelä, Director General, Finnish Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- "Global Industrial Water Market Trend" - Christopher Gasson, Publisher, GWI
- "Smart technologies in industrial water management" - James Rekoske, SVP Global RD&E, Industrial Segment, Ecolab
- "Industrial opportunities in China" - Luan Jinyi, Director of Environmental Protection Institute, Professor-level Senior Engineer, Sinopec Beijing Research Institute of Chemical Industry
Digitalization of Water - Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment
This bi-lingual seminar will be held the first time this year (on 4 June), organised by China Europe Water Platform (CEWP). Experts, utilities, governmental organizations and companies operating in the fields of Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment will be brought together to discuss the future challenges and opportunities of smart water. Many practical issues will be involved during the seminar, like “What are the major digital technology disruptors that companies in water business will face? ” and “How does this development affect both the Chinese and European water markets?”
Also going on during Aquatech China 2019
- A new generation of water professionals: The Future Water Leaders Programme, co-organised by Wetskills, includes a variation of key notes, personal stories, innovations and cooperation. International young professionals gathered at the vibrant hub.
- Matchmaking for European companies: Are you looking for new business partners in the water technology industry? The EU Project Innovation Centre (EUPIC), the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) and China Europe Water Platform (CEWP) offer you an opportunity to meet potential new collaborators for your business ventures, during Aquatech China 2019.
- AquaStage Seminars & Workshops: Knowledge exchange and networking are an important part of the Aquatech platform. The AquaStages offer visitors and exhibitors networking opportunities and easy access to educational sessions.
- Discover the Country Pavilions: Aquatech China features a wide number of country pavilions, such as the Holland, Bavarian and Europe Village pavilion. Well-known national and international companies and associations will join hands to present their countries with innovations.
- Co-located events: Benefit from free entrance to co-located shows: FlowTech, EcoTech Air, EcoTech Waste, BuildEx and Watres. These events are free for you to visit as an Aquatech China visitor.
About Aquatech China
Aquatech China is the largest international water trade show in China for the fields of process, drinking and waste water. The exhibition serves as the meeting place for all market leaders within the Asian water sector. Aquatech China focuses on products and services within the water technology supply chain such as wastewater treatment equipment, point of use, and membrane technology.
Aquatech Global Events
Established in 1964 by RAI Amsterdam, Aquatech Global Events organises the world’s leading trade events in the process, drinking and waste water technology sectors in Europe, China and Mexico. The well-established format covers the following segments: Transport and Storage, Water Treatment, Point of Use, Process Control and Technology & Process Automation. Aquatech Global Events are visited by professionals from all parts of the water industry and attract policy-makers, top-level businesses, specialists, and those who apply the technology in practice.
- Aquatech China 2019: 3-4-5 June 2019
- Aquatech Mexico 2019: 3-4-5 September 2019
- Aquatech Innovation Forum 2019: 4 November 2019
- Aquatech Amsterdam 2019: 5-6-7-8 November 2019
About RAI Amsterdam
RAI Amsterdam believes in the power of connecting. Since 1893, it has been bringing different worlds, people and markets together, at home in the RAI Convention Centre and abroad. The RAI is an international exhibition company and operates the RAI Convention Centre in the business district of Amsterdam. The RAI welcomes around 1.5 million visitors a year to approximately 500 events such as exhibitions, conventions and corporate events. As the organising party, RAI connects context, content and communities utilising national and international consumer and professional trade shows. www.rai.nl