The HumVi Liquid technology from Vitens is the overall winner of the Aquatech Innovation Award 2013. This award honours the most pioneering product, service or solution in the field of Water technology and has become an industry benchmark for excellence. Next to the overall winner, X-Flow (Pentair), Lacroix Sofrel, Unisense A/S and Mekorot National Water all won a Category Award. The Aquatech Innovation Award winner was announced during the Opening Ceremony of the International Water Week at Amsterdam RAI.
Research and development in the area of water is vital for the future of many businesses, but also for a sustainable future of our world. This award encourages organisations to innovate and differentiate themselves from the competition.
- Water Treatment: HumVi Liquid – Vitens | stand no. 02.314 | Netherlands
- Waste Water Treatment: Anaerobic MBR - X-Flow (Pentair) | stand no. 01.430 | Netherlands
- Transport & Storage: Sofrel LT US – LACROIX Sofrel | stand no. 02.405 | France
- Process Control Technology & Process Automation: N2O Wastewater System - Unisense A/S | stand no. 07.234B | Denmark
- Not yet to market: Early Biofouling Detection Biosensor – Mekorot National Water | stand no. 07.328K | Israel
Overall Winner 2013
HumVi Liquid – Vitens | stand no. 02.314 | Netherlands
More entries than ever before
The expert jury, led by Mr Cees Buisman, judged the entries based on various criteria. The jury looked at the balance and interaction between the originality of the product, feasibility (technical, economic, reliability) and sustainability (environment, safety, and energy efficiency). In total there were more entries than in 2011, with more than half coming from the water treatment sector. These included many point of use technologies, reflecting the urgent need for additional treatment solutions in many countries. "It was clear from the outset that water treatment would win because of the quality as well as the quantity of the entries," continues Buisman. "Nonetheless it was a very close call between the top two in the category. The ultimate winner – the HumVi Liquid – is a genuinely exciting breakthrough."
The Aquatech Innovation Award sponsors AMREF Flying Doctors. This year’s funding will contribute to the project "Sustainable Water Access for the Masai in Kajiado, Kenya". This project aims at providing the local community with better access to clean (drinking) water and to decrease water sanitation and hygiene related diseases.
About Aquatech Global Events
Established in 1964, Aquatech Global Events organises the world's leading trade events in the process, drinking and waste water technology sectors in Europe, the USA, China and India. The well-established format covers the following segments: Transport and Storage, Water Treatment, Point of Use, Process Control, Technology & Process Automation, and Country Pavilions. Aquatech Global Events are visited by professionals from all parts of the water industry and attract policy-makers, top-level businesses, specialists, and those who apply the technology in practice. More information can be found at www.aquatechtrade.com.
The calendar of Aquatech Global Events:
- Aquatech Amsterdam 2013: 5 – 8 November 2013, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- International Water Week: 4- 8 November 2013, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- WQA Aquatech USA 2014: 18 -21 March 2014, Orlando (FL), USA
- Aquatech India 2014: 06 – 08 May 2014, New Delhi, India
- Aquatech China 2014: 25 – 27 June 2014, Shanghai, China