Aquatech Amsterdam 2019 looks back on an exciting week. The all-new Innovation Forum kick-started the week with the tagline: Mastering Water’s Digital Transformation. With the ambition to help people ‘think differently about water’, the Forum was applauded for its unconferenced style focusing on two-way interaction.
Four days of an energetic, informative and interactive exhibition then followed to ensure visitors from over 147 countries were kept informed, engaged and energized throughout the entire week.
Aquatech 2019 highlights included:
- The Aquatech Innovation Forum with 250 delegates, speakers and moderators
- Announcement of the Overall winner of the Aquatech Innovation Award: Kaumera Nereda Gum by Royal HaskoningDHV and partners
- The 500 meter long Aquatech Innovation Avenue connecting the halls from the InnovationLAB to the Industrial User Experience
- The outdoor DEMO lane with beer out of rainwater and other innovative reuse solutions
- The world champions drilling and tapping won by Team Waterbedrijf Groningen
- Drones demonstrating groundwater monitoring in the Drone Arena powered by Amsterdam Drone Week & Skytools
- 11 Country pavilions
- 26 visiting country delegations, including 6 ambassadors
- Specialty pavilions on desalination, smart water, resource recovery, pumps & process and industrial water
- 16 EU Innovation Projects presentation
- The living room of the Future Water Leaders, home of the young water professionals
- Royal Decoration of Knight in the Order of Oranje Nassua for Mr. Sjef Ernes, former managing director of the NGO Aqua for All
- The 4K AquaRUN won by Mr. Ignaz Worm , director of Envagua, sponsor of the run. Proceeds donated to charity Aqua for all
With the move to the front of the RAI, the organisers added 3 halls and a second entrance to manage visitor flow. Continuing to improve and increase in size, Aquatech once again attracted 10% more visitors compared to the last edition. Resulting in an attendance of 22,614 originating from 147 countries on closing day. Add to that the exhibitor staff, Forum delegates, speakers, moderators etcetera over 27,000 water professionals joined Aquatech that week.
The show brought together industry authorities, key market leaders, creators, government and country delegations and last but not least, business. The result was an inspiring exchange with a common goal: a more sustainable future and growing business in water.
Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 will be held on 2-5 November 2021. The Aquatech Innovation Forum is set for Monday November 1, 2021.