MAJOR CHALLENGES AHEAD FOR CHINA’S WATER INDUSTRY
China is a nation that is prone to water shortages and in 2018 it experienced a particularly drought stricken year. The rapidly developing Chinese economy, steadily increasing rate of migration to cities and rising hygiene and health concerns amongst China's rising middle class are stoking demand even further. At the same time, industry and agriculture need a steady supply of water to fulfil the growing demands of the population. In a country where the growing demand for water exceeds the supply, the Chinese water sector is facing great challenges.
DISCOVER WHAT EXHIBITING AT AQUATECH CHINA COULD MEAN FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Standards for drinking water have been raised to an international level, requiring local governments to upgrade their water purification facilities. Standards for waste water emissions are more and more severely implemented. The Chinese government realizes that to meet the increasing demand, liberalization of the water sector is needed, as well as the adaption of foreign technology and expertise.
Aquatech China is the perfect platform to explore:
- Explore all assets of the Chinese water market
- Learn how to adapt your products and sertvices according to Chinese requirements
- Place your product in the spotlight in front of 80,000+ water professionals
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE CHINESE WATER MARKET
China is transforming rapidly and has seen economic development. As demand for water has increased...
CHINA ASSIGNS MORE FUNDS TO IMPROVE WATER QUALITY AS 2020 DEADLINE LOOMS
China’s government could assign more investment to help reduce levels of “black and odorous water”.
PPP CLARITY COULD BOOST INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION IN CHINA
Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) have been a fundamental mechanism to enable the development of water projects globally.
SPAIN AND CHINA CONTINUE AS WATER REUSE HEAVYWEIGHTS
Water reuse is quickly becoming a necessity rather than optional for nations bolstering water resource management efforts around the world.
SEVERAL FACTORS HAVE BROUGHT ENORMOUS CHALLENGES TO CHINESE WATER INDUSTRY. SOME ALARMING FACTS:
- Per capita water volume in China is ¼ of the world average. Total used water volume is 604 billion cubic meters, with agriculture and industrial as the top two sectors for water consumption
- 400 out of 600 cities in China are facing water shortages to varying degrees, including 30 out of 32 largest cities
- Groundwater tables are depleting rapidly at a speed of about 1 meter per year due to over-exploitation
- A lack of municipal waste water treatment is a big driver of water pollution
- Chinese water prices do not reflect its scarcity and are significantly below prices in countries with adequate water supply per capita
Source: facts from the ‘Opportunities for Dutch Businesses (PDF)’ report on water technology by Netherlands Business Support Offices Wuhan & Nanjing.
Request more information
What will you receive?
Thank you for your interest in Aquatech China! Please fill out the form to receive the requested information by email immediately:
- Aquatech China Exhibition Brochure 2019
- Specific Terms and Conditions Aquatech China 2019
- Facts & figures Aquatech China 2018